Who is required to have a work permit?

Every medical cannabis establishment agent and employee shall be registered and receive a work permit issued by the Department before he/she may work for a licensed medical cannabis entity. This includes any individual with access to the premises of a medical cannabis establishment for purposes of providing labor or services on a regular or ongoing basis such as owners, employees, volunteers, and, in some circumstances, contractors. Contractors providing labor or services on an occasional or emergency basis at a medical cannabis establishment, however, are excepted from the work permit requirement. See 15 Miss. Admin. Code Pt. 22, Subpt. 4.

FAQ Category