Can any doctor help me get medical cannabis?

No, they must be a licensed practitioner (MD, DO, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Optometrist) that has been registered with the Mississippi State Department of Health to certify you as having one of qualifying conditions included in the MS Medical Cannabis Act. This is only one step in the patient enrollment process. Patients seeking to participate in the medical cannabis program must also complete the application process with the MS State Department of Health. The MS State Department of Health actually issues the medical cannabis identification cards to patients.

  • Practitioners do not actually write a prescription for medical cannabis.
  • Please see the information below for the step-by-step patient enrollment process.